I've really been enjoying a more natural look for Spring / Summer, my Tumblr has been a massive makeup inspo as of late. This look is one I've been opting for a lot, so I thought I would quickly jot down what I use. (It takes a lot of makeup to look like you're wearing not-very-much makeup…)
Below is what I use, in the order I do my face, in the order I apply the products. So basally just follow the list down to see exactly what I do and when.
1. NARS Sheerglow Foundation in the shade light5 Fiji. This forms my base and is applied with a Real Techniques buffer foundation brush.
2. (Optional) Benefit Porefessional Pro Balm to limit appearance of pores. Blended with my finger just on my cheeks where I get more visible pores. (I don't wear this daily, just if I'm going out somewhere nice.)
3. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark. This is used as my contour and bronzer. I apply it down my cheekbones and around my temples with a Real Techniques contour brush and down the sides of my nose to slim it with an eyeshadow brush.
4. MAC Satin Powder Blush in Modern Mandarin is my blush and I apply it to the apples of my cheeks with a Real Techniques blusher brush. I did a review on this blush here.
5. (Optional) Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in the lightest shade I can, I dab this in dots under my eyes and blend in with my ring finger on days where I have really bad bags under my eyes.
1. I draw a line along the bottom and end of my eyebrows using a Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil in black/brown to define the edges.
2. I use the Makeup Store Microshadow in the shade Deadly over my entire brow with a Nars angled eyebrow brush. I dip the brush into the shadow once for each eyebrow, I start colouring in at the ends where they need to be darker and then from the centre of the eyebrow to the start I just use the leftover product flicking my brush from the bottom of the brow upwards so the front is lighter.
3. Set the entire brow with Maybelline's Brow Drama in dark brown, flicking upwards to give them more volume.
4. (Optional) I occasionally draw a line underneath the brow to tidy everything up with my Sheer Cover Conceal & Brighten Trio palette in shade light/medium. I use the lighter concealer and a really tiny nib brush to just draw a really straight line to tidy up any wonky powdered edges and give the brow bone a highlight. I only do this if I'm going out somewhere nice again.
1. I like to keep my eyes pretty clean. I use the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette every day for a very simple eye look. I use the shade Foxy over my entire lid as a base, go into my crease with Naked 2 and do the under eye and the outer crease with Faint. I find these colours work best because they are all very matte with no shimmer and the browns suit my skin tone and hazel eye colouring. If my eyes are very dull I'll use Venus in the inner corners to brighten them up. I rarely do this but did it for the sake of these pictures and this tutorial.
2. I use the Benefit They're Real mascara as my base, applying the mascara on both top and bottom lashes and wiggling it so the lashes fan out. For the second layer I used Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme Leather Black mascara.
This lip look was used using the Max Factor Lipliner in the shade 10 Ruby, and then I went over that and filled them in with MAC Mocha. Another favourite lip colour of mine for a natural look which I used for my Kylie Jenner tutorial is Mehr.